- CAN currently maintains 3,000 newsletter subscribers.
Engaged in an information and outreach campaign regarding afterschool supper program available through the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) that has resulted in California’s AfterSchool programs serving 2.7 million meals each month.
In 2012 CAN continued ot engage in meaningful work with the State Department of Education’s and continues to work to develop a strategic plan based on extensive field input.
In 2012 CAN partnered with the California STEM Learning Network (CSLNet) to position the Out of School Time as a valuable environment where students can engage in meaningful STEM experiences.
Current Projects and Initiatives:
In partnership with the California Department of Education, CAN is hosting a series of free webinars around such topics as:
- Providing Meals in Afterschool Programs.
- Strategies to Support English Learner Students.
- Youth Development.
- Alignment with the School Day.
- The California Rural After School Summit highlighted the successes and challenges of rural afterschool programs, demonstrated the need for sustaining rural programs and provided opportunities for participants to make recommendations to strengthen rural programs.