- Florida was named a top 10 state for quality afterschool by the Afterschool Alliance.
- FAN was awarded a contract from Palm Beach State College and the Agency for Workforce Innovation to develop the Florida Afterschool Professional Development System.
- FAN Quality Program Standards were recommended for statewide implementation by the State Department of Children and Families childcare licensing work group. A similar partnership developed in-service training modules for afterschool practitioners.
- FAN partnered with the Afterschool Alliance, Bright House Networks and the Florida Cable Telecommunication’s Association to develop the cable television show, After the School Bell Rings II: The Florida Story.
- FAN secured proclamations from Governor Rick Scott proclaiming October 20 Lights On Afterschool Day and June 21st as Summer Learning Day in Florida.
- The FAN Panel of Champions was implemented and the panel has received commitments from prominent citizens statewide to be advocates for afterschool and expanded learning.
Current Projects and Initiatives:
- FAN will continue to develop the Florida Afterschool Professional Development System. When finalized, the professional development system will provide options for afterschool professionals to earn credential certificates up through bachelor level degrees.
- FAN continues to develop statewide public education and social media campaigns on the impact and importance of quality afterschool programs and is reviewing the FAN quality standards and assessment tool for enhancements.
- FAN continues to partner annually with other child-servicing agencies to celebrate Children’s Week in Florida.