- IAA convened Harnessing the Power of Expanded Learning: A Research Forum on Afterschool attended by over 100 stakeholders from across Iowa.
- IAA formalized a partnership with the Iowa Department of Education to provide support and technical assistance to Iowa’s 21st Century Community Learning Centers.
- IAA chaired the Policy Work Group of the Governor’s STEM Advisory Council and presented the recommendations at the 2012 Iowa STEM Summit.
Current Projects and Initiatives:
- IAA is providing tools and information for local afterschool and expanded learning programs seeking to improve access and quality of their programming.
- IAA is supporting afterschool and expanded learning advocates seeking to promote awareness in their communities.
- IAA is engaging and facilitating partners to improve local programming and creation of critical state-level infrastructure for afterschool.
- IAA is promoting afterschool and expanded learning as a vital resource for students, working parents and dynamic communities.