- MASP aligned communication strategies with social media to increase outreach efforts.
- MASP hosted a statewide Mayoral Summit linking local leaders with afterschool strategies and workforce development.
- MASP was awarded a system building grant by the Noyce Foundation to build afterschool capacity in STEM as part of Midwest STEM Project LiftOff.
- MASP strengthened the strategic link with early childhood quality efforts and afterschool by building a comprehensive statewide training and database system.
Current Projects and Initiatives:
- MASP is building local capacity by developing an Afterschool Ambassador training program and statewide advocacy trainings to engage stakeholders with policymakers.
- MASP is coordinating a professional network for capacity building, staff development and on-going support.
- MASP is developing professional development opportunities that incorporate informal STEM knowledge with youth development.
- MASP continues to advocate for policies and diversified funding to expand resources and sustain afterschool.