- Development and release of the Iowa Afterschool Opportunities Directory – the Directory is a data collection tool and public resource on the availability of afterschool in Iowa. The directory is available here.
- 3rd Annual Impact After School Conference – held in April of each year in partnership with Iowa 21st Century Community Learning Centers, this conference brings together state and national experts on all aspects of afterschool programming and provides opportunities to network, learn, and get invigorated!
- Statewide implementation of the Dimensions of Success STEM assessment tool through the STEM Active Learning Community Partners Committee of the Governor’s STEM Advisory Council.
- Over 150 afterschool program youth, providers and advocate storm the Iowa State Capitol for the 2015 Afterschool Snack Legislative Reception.
- Continued support and use of the Iowa Afterschool Opportunities Directory. The goals of the tool are: to provide updated program data for more responsive policymaking related to afterschool in Iowa, and to serve as a resource to parents, youth, and other supportive individuals and/or organizations to determine local program availability.
Further strengthening of local quality-improvement efforts, most intensively in Central Iowa through support from United Way of Central Iowa. The model uses intensive TA along with frontline staff training and information-sharing among programs to replicate best practices in the region.
Further strengthening of high-quality STEM systems-building efforts, primarily through the adoption and use of the Dimensions of Success assessment tool in partnership with the STEM Active Learning Community Partners Committee of the Governor’s STEM Advisory Council.
Development and implementation of a strategy to develop legislative (state and federal) champions for afterschool programming.