The National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) is a bipartisan organization dedicated to serving the lawmakers and staff of the nation's 50 states, its commonwealths and territories. NCSL is a source for research, publications, consulting services, meetings and seminars. It is the national conduit for lawmakers to communicate with one another and share ideas. NCSL is an effective and respected voice for the states, representing their interests before Congress, the administration and federal agencies.
Review and Analysis of State Legislation, Engaging State Legislators
- Sponsor forums, workshops, briefings or hearings for legislators and/or legislative staff.
- Arrange for national experts, state leaders or policymakers to present information.
- Assist with the draft and review of legislation.
- Track and analyze legislation and state trends.
- Consult on state legislative communications, policy and relationship building.
- Provide presentations or testimony before legislative committees.
Ashley Wallace, Senior Policy Specialist, Education Program
Madeleine Webster, Research Analyst