- Implemented the second cohort of 11 Afterschool Ambassadors whose charge it is to develop a strong relationship with either a federal or state legislator.
- Held Annual Advocacy Day at the state capitol attended by 75 grass top and grass root advocates and co-sponsored by PENN SACCA and APOST. The day’s agenda consisted of training, legislative visits and a rally in the rotunda.
- Began planning for the development of a PA General Assembly bi-partisan bi-cameral afterschool caucus.
- Attended the Afterschool Alliance “Afterschool for All Challenge” in Washington DC with 17 PA delegates including older youth.
- The “INsight: Equip, Reflect, Release Youth Potential” QIS quality tools crosswalk was completed.
Co-convened with the PA Association of Environmental Educators leadership monthly webinars and in person meeting of the 20 member EECapacity State Consortia Community of Learners to support environmental education collaborations to increase quality opportunities for underserved children, youth and families.
The “INsight: Equip, Reflect, Release Youth Potential” QIS continued to build upon the lessons learned by Philadelphia Phase I Pilot in moving to develop funding for a Phase II Pilot.
Project Accelerate provided professional development, technical assistance, curricula materials and evaluation to implement the statewide STEM /OST Pilot Project involving 20 K-12 OST programs from four networks utilizing three age appropriate curricula. Staff and partners delivered ten STEM workshops and presentations to increase awareness among a variety of stakeholders including out of school professionals, STEM K-12 educators, parents and businesses.