Worked with the Expanded Learning Opportunities Council to publish the ELO Council Report: 2016-2017 Statewide Strategic Plan for Expanded Learning Opportunities, which was delivered to the Texas Legislature and Texas Governor’s Office. Available here.
Actively advocating for our 2015 Legislative Agenda focused on creating a state-funded Expanded Learning Opportunities Initiative per the ELO Council’s recommendation; grants for summer STEM programs; and continuing funding for positive youth programs in Texas. Available here.
Hosted Expanded Learning Opportunities Day at the Texas Capitol for 139 advocates on February 26, 2015, featuring advocacy training, legislative visits, and a keynote address from former professional tennis player and OST advocate Andy Roddick.
Published the Texas Standards of High Quality Afterschool, Summer and Expanded Learning Programs, following multiple meetings of a 36-member quality advisory committee and 10 public feedback sessions across the state. Available here.
- Led Regional Network Development Initiative, empowering local leaders to coordinate OST efforts in communities throughout the state.
- Participated in the Out of School Time Initiatives Conference with the Texas Education Agency, providing training and networking for nearly 700 program providers.
- Partnered with Edvance Research to lead the Texas ACE Communications Network, representing 150 providers receiving federal 21st Century CLC funds.
- Formed an OST-STEM Planning Committee.
- Worked with the Texas Education Grantmakers Advocacy Consortium to publicize a study on employer perceptions of OST.
- Secured funding to launch an OST Philanthropy Seminar Series in 2015.
Advocating for TXPOST’s legislative agenda during the 84th Texas Legislative Session. Available here.
Continuing facilitation of the ELO Council through meeting logistics, report development, and general support.
Moving forward with implementation of quality standards, which will likely include adoption by former Texas ACE sites that have continued programming beyond 21st Century funding. Will begin development of measurement tool and identification of quality improvement resources in 2015.
Launching an OST Philanthropy Seminar Series in 6-8 cities reaching at least 50 private foundations and corporate funders in 2015.
Broadening partnerships through local OST system-building and facilitation of the Texas ACE Communications Network and the OST-STEM Planning Committee.
- Creating a professional communications plan and promoting current research highlighting need, demand, and positive OST outcomes.