- WVSAN developed a sustainable statewide structure of state, regional and local partnerships with systems in place to influence policy development and generate resources necessary to sustain new and existing afterschool programs.
- WVSAN facilitated strategic planning and then drafted a governance document to assist with growth and sustainability of the network.
- WVSAN provided professional development at the National AfterSchool Association conference.
Current Projects and Initiatives:
- WVSAN is conducting a search for a strong candidate to be the WVSAN director.
- WVSAN is moving forward with development of quality rating standards.
- WVSAN is developing robust partnerships and utilizing media outreach to reach afterschool program providers.
- WVSAN is partnering with the West Virginia Department of Human Resource and Referral districts to disseminate information in newsletters and gain feedback for professional development needs.
- WVSAN continues to grow the network listserv.
- WVSAN continues to work with state agencies, providers, state legislators and the Governor's and First Lady's offices to coordinate Lights On Afterschool events.
- WVSAN will participate in Afterschool Day at the legislature.
- WVSAN engaged policymakers during Capitol Hill visits in Washington, DC at the Afterschool 4 All Challenge.
- WVSAN is planning and conducting eight regional training events using the training manual, Tools of the Trade: Giving Kids a Lifetime Guarantee.
- WVSAN is working with the quality standards committee to develop a statewide quality rating system for childcare providers.
- WVSAN is assisting the West Virginia 21st Century Community Learning Centers program staff in conference planning to improve the statewide program.
- WVSAN is working to secure two Benedum Foundation grants to expand WVSAN quality initiatives and outreach to include bringing STEM into West Virginia afterschool and expanded learning programs.
- WVSAN is collaborating with West Virginia University, Duke University and Marshall University to bring the latest Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM) support to West Virginia’s youth in afterschool.